Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Viva Las Vegas!

August 2 - 5, 2008

Our next adventure would be Las Vegas during the hottest time of the year, BC Day long weekend.  It was about 40C there!  However, it was dry heat so after suffering through 95% humidity in Florida, it wasn't as bad as I had feared.  Now this trip was actually booked back in 2007 when I was still single.  To my everlasting shame, this was part of the "limited time, one time special low price vacation package" I bought over the phone which came with a timeshare presentation.  Yes I bought the timeshare too.  :(

Megan didn't go to the Florida trip because she is going back to China in Oct and using up all her vacation,  so I didn't think she could go.  Plus the trip is in June and I didn't think I could convince her to go after just knowing her for 3 months.

For the Vegas portion, we stayed at the Sahara.  From Expedia, it said it was all renovated with new towers. Well unfortunately given that this is part of a timeshare package where the marketing company is trying to make extra $$, we stayed in one of the unrenovated rooms.  As well the hotel's is advertising $30/night on Expedia, so you obviously can't expect much.  I think I would probably have been happier to stay at a Holiday Inn instead.

The actual trip is 4 days, 3 nights while we only had 2 nights hotel.  So we decided to spend the first night @ Grand Canyon and catch the sunset and sunrise there.  Unfortunately we didn't realize just far the Grand Canyon park camp ground is from Las Vegas and ended up missing the sunset.  It was after 11PM by the time we arrived at the camp ground, though we did get in for free. :)  We slept in the back of the SUV which was pretty uncomfortable.  We did got up early in the morning to enjoy the sunrise and then started the long driving journey back.  I have to hand it to Megan on her driving stamina!

Cost: ?? hard to say given it is part of a package.
Below you will find the only good photo we took of Sahara.



Below are some pictures from the Seafood Buffet @ RIO




Finally sunrise at the Grand Canyon

No comments:

Post a Comment